Addon MIDI para ZX-UNO

Proyectos ajenos al equipo oficial pero desarrollados o promovidos por la comunidad, relacionados con el ZX-UNO / Projects outside the official team but developed or promoted by the community, related to the ZX-UNO
mcleod_ideafix
Contactar:

Re: Addon MIDI para ZX-UNO

Mensaje por mcleod_ideafix » 06 Sep 2019, 03:12

kgmcneil escribió:Has anyone designed such a stacking system, or an expansion plug that might allow for more than one such peripheral to be plugged in at a time???... Would such a thing be easy to create??
Not that I know. Antonio Villena may know something about it.
What you could do is to take the wifi board and the MIDI board, without pinheaders soldered, and use a larger pin header to make your own stacking, soldering one module first, and the other one just above it, leaving a clearance of, say, 2mm between boards.
http://www.zxuno.com
ZX-Uno · Clon de ordenador ZX Spectrum basado en FPGA

robuttley

Mensaje por robuttley » 06 Sep 2019, 13:22

Ah, thanks Mcleod. Yes, my board and the VGA/Wifi connector came from Antonio.

(I had some account problems but Hark0 has sorted me out now).

Your suggestion about using a double-ended pin header kind of thing makes sense, I have done something like this before with a 'HAT' for a Raspberry Pi, I may even still have some usable single-row pins somewhere...

I've put the images in URL links to prevent spamming the forum, but I think you know exactly what I've got so probably no need :-)

Bottom of VGA/WIFI board
Top of VGA/WIFI board
Mainboard
All together

kgmcneil

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 06 Sep 2019, 18:53

What you could do is to take the wifi board and the MIDI board, without pinheaders soldered, and use a larger pin header to make your own stacking, soldering one module first, and the other one just above it, leaving a clearance of, say, 2mm between boards.
Hmmm... sounds like a future project for steady hands, or a niche market for someone who already had the ability... ;)

Nice to know that in theory its feasible, Ill have to think about it before I attempt anything risky... Might just chicken out and spend on a 2nd Uno instead though... ;)

robuttley

Mensaje por robuttley » 06 Sep 2019, 21:12

Ha ha, the thought of just buying another one immediately crossed my mind too...

mcleod_ideafix
Contactar:

Mensaje por mcleod_ideafix » 25 Sep 2019, 14:59

Just a small update to show you the first units from the oven. I know THE LIST IN THE FIRST POST IS NOT UP TO DATE but rest assured that PayPal holds all your payments :)
Some of you didn't provide a postal address. I will contact one by one to get or confirm it.
2019-09-12 18.33.37.jpg
2019-09-25 03.02.13.jpg

robuttley

Mensaje por robuttley » 25 Sep 2019, 15:03

Brilliant! Looks great.

kgmcneil

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 31 Oct 2019, 00:07

GOT IT!!!... YAY!... Haven't had much time yet, but Iv tested it enough to know that it works... It plays my midi format o, pretty good, and sounds better than my PC midi card?!?!?... Iv not had much programming time but was able to whip up a quick FOR/NEXT loop to play through some of those midi instruments quite easily - it was a joy to tinker with that PLAY command to see what it could do... Makes me want to whip out the manual again after all these years to look up the PLAY command to see what can be done... Thanks so much for creating this - its the kind of addition that I believe should be standard in all future ZX Uno models - Im very glad I purchased it - thanks!!!!
:)

mcleod_ideafix
Contactar:

Mensaje por mcleod_ideafix » 09 Nov 2019, 18:50

kgmcneil escribió:
31 Oct 2019, 00:07
Im very glad I purchased it - thanks!!!!
:)
Thank you very much for your kind words :) Hope you enjoy it a lot :)

mannycalavera

Mensaje por mannycalavera » 26 Nov 2019, 19:18

Buenas, estoy interesado en dos Addon cuando estén disponibles :D

Saludos.

desUBIKado

Mensaje por desUBIKado » 05 Ene 2020, 20:23

phpBB [media]

Responder