C64 core and the hd image

Responder
Spectrum4Ever
Contactar:

C64 core and the hd image

Mensaje por Spectrum4Ever » 06 Mar 2017, 12:09

i have installed the C64 core onto my ZX UNO, but I am a little confused on who i am do get it to run .d64 images

Also does the C64 core load from real cassettes as well ?

Quest

Re: C64 core and the hd image

Mensaje por Quest » 06 Mar 2017, 12:20

The instructions are (in spanish) here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=762

Anyway, I paste here the same info with a quick and dirty translation:
Instructions for using C64 disk images on the SD card:

You must use a SD/SDHC card exclusively to use with this core, since it will not use a standard format. It works concatenating .D64 disk images in a single file, and dump it to the SD in RAW, in blocks of 256K (the .D64 are 170Kb, so we use a dummy, which is included in the pack).

We need a RAW dump utility from files to disk, such as linux DD or HDD Raw Copy Tool from Windows (http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/)

You can already find a prepared image to wirte to the SD (with some examples, G'n'G, command, cybernoid, some demos ..), in a file "DISKRAWC64.BIN" and a .bat + dummy script to prepare your image, here (External link not linked to the forum or the web. We are not responsible):

https://mega.nz/#!AUkAHZqI!HMkT-vSalxIP ... TWe6755aIM

Process:

- First of all: the procedure will destroy everything you have on the SD card.
- Using the preferred program (DD, HDD Raw Copy tool or whatever you want), write the file DISKSRAWC64.BIN to the SD card.

If you prefer you can make your own image, with .D64 disk images that you have. Simply concatenating them with a copy / b in a single file (adding a dummy in between to get 256K per image). Included is a dummy .bin and a .bat (create_C64_ALL_D64.bat) that fetches all .D64 from the current directory and generates a DISKSRAWC64.BIN file (it will boo whatever it is) ready to write. Be careful with the names of .d64 files, if they have some punctuation characters like!, &, Etc, you may not do it well. Better rename them.
And about the tape loading, yes, it will load tapes via audio from the EAR jack connector the ZX-Uno has, as with the Spectrum core. Take care of the polarity of the signal. The spectrum handles that automatically, but not the C64. If the tapes do not load the header, check inverting the polarity (key "+" of the numeric pad.

PS: I'll move this topic to the correct subforum (C64).
http://www.zxuno.com
ZX-Uno · Clon de ordenador ZX Spectrum basado en FPGA

Spectrum4Ever
Contactar:

Mensaje por Spectrum4Ever » 06 Mar 2017, 16:52

Thank you for your help

Borxo

Mensaje por Borxo » 19 Mar 2017, 20:31

Buenas he intentando seguir el tutorial y estoy muy perdido por el sistema de carga .D64 por medio de la SD. Me descargo los archivos( bat y el .BIN y el programa HDD Raw Copy Tool, pero cuando tengo que meter los .D64 no se como lo tengo que hacer y no entiendo muy bien como se realiza los pasos teniendo todo el material. Si me pueden echar una mano por favor.
Muchas gracias
Edito: Al final lo he conseguido era problema de como configuraba la tarjeta.

persepolis

Mensaje por persepolis » 26 Mar 2017, 01:58

Hay que hacerlo todo en la misma carpeta para que funcione. Los nombres de los discos tienes que renombrarlos a nombres de 8 caracteres a ser posibles sin simbolos y con minusculas. Un ejemplo seria "Ghost'nGoblins + trainer.d64" se renobraria a "gng.d64" . Se ejecuta el bat y te crea el archivo bin. Os pongo un archivo Bin propio, con una recopilacion de juegos que me gustaban en su época.
Comparto con vosotros el archivo bin que he creado , teneis que grabar en "RAW" con el correspondiente programa

https://mega.nz/#!isZkwSiD!3aR1KkyyxB3d ... FyexqRISL0

Contiene el 1943, Barbarian 1 y 2, Ghost n Ghost, Ghost n Ghost Arcade, Gauntlet, Astro Marine Corps de Dinamic, Bubble Bobble, H.E.R.O de Activision, Green Beret de Konami, Ikari Warriors de Elite, Rastan de Taito, Rygar, R-type, Rick Dangerous 1, Tetris, Correcaminos, Yie Ar Kung, The way of the Sploding Fist (Tipo IK+, de karate), y dos joyas raras como "Law of the West", un juego ambientado en el oeste americano y "Psycho Pigs" un juego original y divertido. Tambien hay juegos reguleros, como el "Rupert in the Toymaker's Party" que puse por nostalgia pura, ya que me lo dejó en cinta un buen amigo mio. Me dejo alguno en el tintero, pero creo que es una buena seleccion, y pesa solo 6 megas.

Recordad , para cambiar de disco dentro del JiffyDos, es RetocesodePagina, y F1 para listar. Load "*",8 para cargar y run para ejecutar.
Saludos

Responder