ZX-Next core para ZX-Uno

Turrican

Re: ZX-Next core para ZX-Uno

Mensaje por Turrican » 14 Sep 2016, 13:17

If I remember, the TBBlue files has the latest esxDOS with 128 ROM patch.
Update the esxDOS in UNO too.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 14 Sep 2016, 13:18

Thanks. I tried but it didn't work.

This is what I did:

1) From the Firmware1.06.rar file, SDCard folder, I extracted TMP & TTBLUE folders, and TTBLUE.FW file to SD card root folder.
2) From ESXDOS 0.8.6 beta 5.1 file I extracted esxmmc.bin file, renamed it to esxmmc.rom, and replaced the one inside the TTBLUE folder.

The core boots properly, the ESXDOS screen detects my SD card and ESXDOS seems to load (yo get the usual OK, and the usual error on RCT.SYS that is expected). But then not only the NMI (F10) resets the core, but also the dot commands doesn't work at all, all them return "Nonsense in basic".

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 14 Sep 2016, 13:19

Turrican escribió:If I remember, the TBBlue files has the latest esxDOS with 128 ROM patch.
Do you mean a beta above 5.1?

Is that finally public, I thought only the NMI.SYS file had been modified.

Turrican

Mensaje por Turrican » 14 Sep 2016, 13:21

Uto escribió:

This is what I did:

1) From the Firmware1.06.rar file, SDCard folder, I extracted TMP & TTBLUE folders, and TTBLUE.FW file to SD card root folder.
2) From ESXDOS 0.8.6 beta 5.1 file I extracted esxmmc.bin file, renamed it to esxmmc.rom, and replaced the one inside the TTBLUE folder.

The core boots properly, the ESXDOS screen detects my SD card and ESXDOS seems to load (yo get the usual OK, and the usual error on RCT.SYS that is expected). But then not only the NMI (F10) resets the core, but also the dot commands doesn't work at all, all them return "Nonsense in basic".
You must replace the the esxdos.sys file, too.
I don´t remember if it is in the SYS or BIN folder.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 14 Sep 2016, 13:24

Turrican escribió:
Uto escribió:

This is what I did:

You must replace the the esxdos.sys file, too.
I don´t remember if it is in the SYS or BIN folder.
But the esxdos.sys file is supposed to be already that one, it's the same beta 5.1 that is installed with the ZX-Uno instructions. I'll try other combinations later anyway, many thanks!

Turrican

Mensaje por Turrican » 14 Sep 2016, 13:26

It´s not the same.
You must replace it.

Quest

Mensaje por Quest » 14 Sep 2016, 13:26

Uto escribió: But the esxdos.sys file is supposed to be already that one, it's the same beta 5.1 that is installed with the ZX-Uno instructions. I'll try other combinations later anyway, many thanks!
No. ZX-UNO includes 0.8.6 beta4. At this moment we do not support higher version than 0.8.6 beta4, because that one is well known and tested for a long time. If you want to flash a different version in flash, you should do at your own risk.
http://www.zxuno.com
ZX-Uno · Clon de ordenador ZX Spectrum basado en FPGA

BCH

Mensaje por BCH » 14 Sep 2016, 13:28

Uto escribió:
Turrican escribió:If I remember, the TBBlue files has the latest esxDOS with 128 ROM patch.
Do you mean a beta above 5.1?

Is that finally public, I thought only the NMI.SYS file had been modified.
I belive NMI.SYS has not been modified. Only ESXDOS.SYS and the ESXDOS rom (slightly)

Ok, I just readed Quest post.

The problem is then that the ZX-UNO Spectrum core is running 0.8.6 beta4 and the TBBlue is running 0.8.5
Última edición por BCH el 14 Sep 2016, 13:31, editado 2 veces en total.

fbelavenuto

Mensaje por fbelavenuto » 14 Sep 2016, 13:29

Yes, the ESXDOS rom in TBBlue is version 0.8.5.

For update, replace the file \TBBLUE\ESXMMC.ROM for the 0.8.6 version. In the ZIP package rename the "esxmmc.bin" file to "esxmmc.rom".
BCH escribió:
Uto escribió: 1) I'm using the same SD card I use for ZX-Uno's Spectrum Cores, and so I didn't extract the SYS and BIN folders from the RAR file. As result - or maybe it has nothing to do with it - ESXDOS NMI doesn't work (makes a reset). I see the SYS folder has a old_esxdos file, so maybe ESXDOS has been patched? If so, is there any way to fix that so SD card can be shared? It doesn't make too much sense to have two different cards for two Specturm cores :-)
Is maybe because the TBBlue core is using a different ESXDOS version? The ESXDOS.SYS file (inside the SYS folder) and the ESXDOS ROM must match in order to work properly.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 14 Sep 2016, 14:37

Thanks Flavio. Now I only have a problem: where is the ESXDOS 8.0.6 beta4 file located?. After some googling I only found it at Velesoft's site, but file is corrupt (or at least I cannot unzip it).

Wouldn't be a bad idea if a setup for all thise beta versions would be avaliable, it's a pain to find the latest, but finding the preovious is even more difficult :-)

Responder