Is my ZXUNO faulty?

Dudas, cuestiones, sugerencias y peticiones en general sobre el proyecto / Questions and requests about the project
bakoulis

Re: Is my ZXUNO faulty?

Mensaje por bakoulis » 12 Ene 2017, 01:45

Latest news.
I tried to load games with DivMMC = AUTO but the problem resist for at least half of games!
I tried to load games with DIvMMC = disabled and the games works at most except one (I think Tranz Am which after game began, it turns the screen black).
Now I have new problems. I have flashed all the possible files on my board and the machines slots are confused!
I can't find a rooted machine to upgrade again the roms.zx1!
The machines and games are on wrong slots and with wrong names.
I haven' t any more pentagon (only the name is present but under the name loads the game PSSST!)
I haven't any more even one rooted machine. Almost all machines and games have wrong names and places.
Please help me. Someone send me new flash.zx1 with at most English roms and at least one rooted with names at right places!
I don't know how can updated the BIOS menu to include the right names after a new flash.
Also keep the names of cores that I had before reflash, but this will fixed easy when flash again my favorite cores.
But the wrong names on Spectrum machines and games is a very big trouble. Maybe will need a factory recover. How is possible?
I can update only from SD, not from jtag or EAR taps.
:lloron:

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 12 Ene 2017, 09:44

Install the 0.55u2 firmware I sent you, while in boot screen press wildcard key *, you will see the border flash in blue, then just wait for your default ROM to boot up, and it will boot in root mode. Basically that is the new feature in "u2" version, being able to boot in root mode any ROM, including those not marked as rooted.

Edit:

This is a link to my ROMSET, I'm not 100% sure all ROMs are in english, but I think they are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npkfgr5f1c8f36c/ROMS.ZX1?dl=0

bakoulis

Mensaje por bakoulis » 12 Ene 2017, 10:40

Thank you Uto, I downloaded.
Afternoon, I will return to my home and will make new tests with new ROM set.
But what can I do about confused names on spectrum slots?
It will restored the names automatic or must edit by hand?

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 12 Ene 2017, 11:11

bakoulis escribió:Thank you Uto, I downloaded.
Afternoon, I will return to my home and will make new tests with new ROM set.
But what can I do about confused names on spectrum slots?
It will restored the names automatic or must edit by hand?
The ROMSET includes the names, so if you flash my ROMS.ZX1 you will have my names as well. The only way to fix that is editing the ROMS.ZX1 file with ZX1Rompack.

Anyway, if I recall properly I don't have any spanish description, nor spanish ROM. Not 100% sure though.

bakoulis

Mensaje por bakoulis » 12 Ene 2017, 11:21

Never mind if 1-2 roms are Spanish. My Big problem is the wrong names.
If the names included to romset, why the romset of Antonio have wrong names after .romsupgr and after reflash the official flash.zx1?
Very strange... I will try it and will let you know the results.
Thank you all for the help.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 12 Ene 2017, 11:22

bakoulis escribió:Never mind if 1-2 roms are Spanish. My Big problem is the wrong names.
If the names included to romset, why the romset of Antonio have wrong names after .romsupgr and after reflash the official flash.zx1?
Very strange... I will try it and will let you know the results.
Thank you all for the help.

Yes, it's weird, it really makes me think that maybe your flash circuit is faulty in the end :-(

bakoulis

Mensaje por bakoulis » 12 Ene 2017, 11:26

I hope with your romset will avoid the replacement board.
We will see...

carmeloco

Mensaje por carmeloco » 12 Ene 2017, 11:58

Try with this FLASH.ZX1 file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeo42xjpdx1vh ... H.ZX1?dl=0

After upgrade the flash, and you see the "Successfully burned" message, press enter and POWER OFF your :zxuno:

bakoulis

Mensaje por bakoulis » 12 Ene 2017, 12:23

carmeloco escribió:Try with this FLASH.ZX1 file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeo42xjpdx1vh ... H.ZX1?dl=0

After upgrade the flash, and you see the "Successfully burned" message, press enter and POWER OFF your :zxuno:
I will try afternoon and will let you know.
:okidoki;

bakoulis

Mensaje por bakoulis » 12 Ene 2017, 17:44

Updated new:
I tried the flash.zx1 of carmeloco. The advice of carmeloco was the key for the right names of slots.
After flash MUST PRESS ENTER AND POWER OFF. Do not SAVE CHANGES! Then I has the proper names for machines and games!
The bad news is that my board have faulty SPI flash. The carmeloco's games works OK, but 2-3 machines are corrupted and gives garbage or black screen and the rooted ROM gives CRC error on blue screen of boot selector menu!!!
So, my board is faulty for sure.
:(

Responder