VGA output on ZXUNO+

Dudas, cuestiones, sugerencias y peticiones en general sobre el proyecto / Questions and requests about the project
Responder
zx81zx81
Contactar:

VGA output on ZXUNO+

Mensaje por zx81zx81 » 26 Feb 2020, 23:40

Hi Folks,

I am trying to build my own VGA output on ZXUNO+ (since there is ony a composite output, and it looks like there several cores that are not working properly with that, such as coleco with a B&W output, vectrex that displays two images etc ...).

I was googling and looking here in this forum to find the ZXUNO+ schematic (especially the expansion connectors and RJ45 connector).
There are many documentations for the original ZXUNO but unfortunately nothing i could get on the newer version.

Using a multimeter i was able to get some of the pinout of the RJ45 connector that can be used to build a SCART cable, such as audio L+R, and also some of the video signals (looking at the outputs of the THS7374), but i am not sure that those signals are actually RGB+Sync or CVBS/Y/P.

Looking at the expansion connector, i was also able to identify some of those signals (since they are both connected the RJ45 connector and the expansion connector), but i prefer to have official documentation / information, since i don't want to mess up my freshly bought ZXUNO+

Any help would be appreciated :maestro:

Regards,

Zx

antoniovillena

Re: VGA output on ZXUNO+

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 27 Feb 2020, 15:26

zx81zx81 escribió:
26 Feb 2020, 23:40
Hi Folks,

I am trying to build my own VGA output on ZXUNO+ (since there is ony a composite output, and it looks like there several cores that are not working properly with that, such as coleco with a B&W output, vectrex that displays two images etc ...).

I was googling and looking here in this forum to find the ZXUNO+ schematic (especially the expansion connectors and RJ45 connector).
There are many documentations for the original ZXUNO but unfortunately nothing i could get on the newer version.

Using a multimeter i was able to get some of the pinout of the RJ45 connector that can be used to build a SCART cable, such as audio L+R, and also some of the video signals (looking at the outputs of the THS7374), but i am not sure that those signals are actually RGB+Sync or CVBS/Y/P.

Looking at the expansion connector, i was also able to identify some of those signals (since they are both connected the RJ45 connector and the expansion connector), but i prefer to have official documentation / information, since i don't want to mess up my freshly bought ZXUNO+

Any help would be appreciated :maestro:

Regards,

Zx
Hi. For VGA you can buy one of these adapters:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000530363014.html

Also attached pinout
Adjuntos
pinout.png

zx81zx81
Contactar:

Mensaje por zx81zx81 » 27 Feb 2020, 21:11

Thanks a lot, you answered all my questions.

I succeed to build my own cable and to use the VGA output :boingg:

retrofan

Mensaje por retrofan » 04 Mar 2021, 18:55

zx81zx81 escribió:
27 Feb 2020, 21:11
Thanks a lot, you answered all my questions.

I succeed to build my own cable and to use the VGA output :boingg:
Hello,
I apologize for reviving the old thread, but I need to find out the exact pins connection scheme between this RJ45 and SCART connector, if someone can help me with that ?
I'm trying to make a SCART cable for the ZX-UNO+, but I'm not sure how exactly to connect them, nor what is the right orientation of this RJ45 diagram, with the front or rear view of the socket or the plug?

azesmbog

Mensaje por azesmbog » 04 Mar 2021, 21:46

Imagen

retrofan

Mensaje por retrofan » 04 Mar 2021, 22:20

Thank you very much, I think I have enough information now. ;)

Responder