Tutorial para desbriquear el ZX-Uno con una Raspberry

Todo aquello que acompaña a la placa del ZX-Uno (carcasas, alimentadores, pegatinas para el teclado, etc) / Everything that goes with the ZX-Uno board (cases, AC adapters, stickers for keyboard, etc)
Uto

Re: Tutorial para desbriquear el ZX-Uno con una Raspberry

Mensaje por Uto » 28 Ago 2016, 16:10

Yes, I was about to say that you can allways user other GPIO pins whereas you set up the software properly, but I was not 100% sure so I prefered letting that for the experts :-)

What you suggest should work as well cause there should be no difference in the GPIO pin you use, and I guess the configuration for the B+ and above models is like that just because is more convenient using GPIO pins that are all them together in a row, but nothing else.

andydansby

Mensaje por andydansby » 28 Ago 2016, 23:01

Getting closer by using the Raspberry PI B rev 2. This PI has only the 26 pin and the pinout was exactly as antoniovillena thought it should be.

Here's the menu command from the Raspberry PI
IMG_1429.JPG
I wait about a minute and switch the video input to the Uno from the PI.
IMG_1430.JPG
I press enter to upgrade Flash from SD. I used the recovery.zip from another thread.
IMG_1432.JPG
The Flash loads from the SD card
IMG_1433.JPG
I then reboot the Uno, however, I still just get a black screen after that. I'm sure there is a step that is missing. However, it is closer and also proves that the USBBlaster that I bought is not compatible with the Uno.

Any ideas on what the next step should be?

Thanks
Andy Dansby

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 28 Ago 2016, 23:13

For the latest files I use this GDrive account:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... kMwSV9rM2c

There are some errors like the BBC Micro core or the Acorn Electron. But here are the most updated files.

Also I've put the new recovery.bit to the thread you've downloaded

andydansby

Mensaje por andydansby » 29 Ago 2016, 23:51

Got it working! I am now at the latest firmware .051. One thing I will point out. After you send the recovery.bit to the Uno, you need to wait about a minute or so and then press enter, otherwise you just see a blank screen and think that it is not working, Just wait a little bit and you will see the BIOS screen.

This is working great using the Raspberry PI B Rev 2. as a flashing device to repair a bricked Uno.

Thank you again antoniovillena! I think before I do any more impromptu upgrades to my Uno that I will next buy a Xilinx jtag programmer. I see some on ebay around $26.00 or so.

I also see that the Pentagon and +2 is on the Uno with the new firmware which is nice.

Thanks again

Andy Dansby

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 30 Ago 2016, 00:25

Congratulations, Andy. I'm sorry about the problems with the USB Blaster.

andydansby

Mensaje por andydansby » 30 Ago 2016, 02:12

antoniovillena escribió:Congratulations, Andy. I'm sorry about the problems with the USB Blaster.
I guess it goes to show that they are not all built alike. Various discrepancies of the design of the USB Blaster are definitely something to consider. No big loss, I think it only cost $4-$5 from china, so pretty cheap. At the worst, I bought a 2' Mini USB cable. If I ever start messing with Altera FPGA, then I've got one.

Andy Dansby

hikoki

Mensaje por hikoki » 11 Sep 2016, 12:37

Por qué se llega a briquear? Se podría poner algo en el firmware para evitarlo? Un retardo? Una cache intermedia para que no rebose o se pause el proceso de carga de datos? Quizás podría activarse un botón para enviar al hardware una orden manual? No sé.. Si se briquea, mantén pulsado el botón y resetea..

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 11 Sep 2016, 12:47

hikoki escribió:Por qué se llega a briquear? Se podría poner algo en el firmware para evitarlo? Un retardo? Una cache intermedia para que no rebose o se pause el proceso de carga de datos? Quizás podría activarse un botón para enviar al hardware una orden manual? No sé.. Si se briquea, mantén pulsado el botón y resetea..
Todos estos briqueos son por una versión antigua del firmware. Con las últimas versiones (la que llevan los del crowd) no hemos experimentado ningún briqueo. También se pueden producir briqueos por ejemplo si se interrumpe la alimentación durante el transcurso de un upgrade.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 11 Sep 2016, 13:14

antoniovillena escribió:
Todos estos briqueos son por una versión antigua del firmware. Con las últimas versiones (la que llevan los del crowd) no hemos experimentado ningún briqueo. También se pueden producir briqueos por ejemplo si se interrumpe la alimentación durante el transcurso de un upgrade.
Si tenéis un portatil, no es mala idea que si vais a hacer un upgrade alimentéis el ZX-Uno desde un USB del portatil, así si se va la luz, la batería del portatil seguirá dando salida.

Y si tenéis un SAI con más razón.

Aunque creo que todos - menos los más prudentes - habremos actualizado firmwares de cosas (routers, DVDs, consolas, etc.) con estas palabras en la mente: "joder, no se va a ir la luz justo ahora ¿no? ... leche cuanto tarda :roll: .... uf, menos mal :oops: " :lol:

Responder