Well, right now the Chloe firmware targets the standard ZX FPGA core. But the aim is for the Chloe to have its own FPGA core. So that comes first, then the hardware. But before that, the Chloe needs some applications, and I have a few ideas for those.brunosilva escribió:and after that make a batch of the hardware!
Firmware development is progressing nicely. Shortly I hope to have the bootstrap ROM automatically detect and install updates during the boot cycle. I'll also address the issue of WiFi SD cards needing to be remounted after WebDAV changes are applied. That will enable me to wirelessly push new builds to the Uno and install them by power cycling the machine.
Phase 6 is complete.
- There is now an auto-update mechanism that updates the BASIC and OS during bootup if a firmware file is detected.
- UnoDOS 3 is now mandatory (but supports a patched version of the Dr. Slump NMI menu when emulating a Spectrum).
Phase 7 is progressing well.
- Firmware auto-update working reliably with file checksum.
- Timestamp added for visual indicator that auto-update has worked.
- Cosmetic improvements.
- Finish COLOR and PALETTE commands for hi-res mode.
- More cosmetic improvements.
Phase 7 is done.
- PALETTE and COLOR now work correctly in hi-res mode on real Unos and emulators.
- COLOR f,b sets the foreground and background color (from 0 to 15).
- PALETTE c, v sets a color (0-15) to a BGR value.
- You can use octal with PALETTE to choose the BGR color levels (bright white = @377, full blue = @300, full green = @070, full red = @007).
Phase 8 is in progress.
- Completed all code page definitions:
- 437 IBM
- 1250 Central Europe
- 1251 Cyrillic
- 1252 Western Europe
- 1253 Greek
- 1254 Turkish
- 1255 Hebrew
- Atari ST
- Optimized FILES command (faster, and can now display 88 files on a page instead of 22).
- Modify FILES command to group folders together.
- Add COPY buffer.
- Add CONFIG file support.