Actualización conjunta experimental de Firmware 0.75 y core EXP26

desUBIKado

Re: Actualización conjunta experimental de Firmware 0.73 y core EXP26

Mensaje por desUBIKado » 14 Mar 2018, 21:18

Cierto, la última versión del core EXP26 para 2 MiB externos instalado como principal hace que luego, independientemente del core que elijas, siempre acabe arrancando el core de Spectrum. Como "workaround" se puede instalar la versión de 512 K, pero quedamos a la espera de que Antonio, cuando pueda, saque una nueva versión que no tenga ese problema :gracias!:

chilo

Mensaje por chilo » 15 Mar 2018, 06:48

Hello. New user here. I've updated to bios 0.72 downloaded from the official 'descargas' link, however at that moment i had seen no warning that the core had to be upgraded simultaneously.

After the bios update, the device boots ok to the command prompt however keyboard is non responsive (using rubber keyboard with zxuno xl inside inside a spectrum case). If i press any key during boot to try enter bios setup, the boot process freezes.

Would it work if I get hold of a ps\2 keyboard? Any suggestions to access the bios and reflash? Thanks!!

Replies in Spanish are ok too

chilo

Mensaje por chilo » 15 Mar 2018, 09:26

Hola - soy nuevo usuario de ZX-Uno XL
Ayer hice el update de firmware a version 0.72, obtenido del link oficial 'descargas'
No habia ningun aviso como en el 0.73 de posible briqueo en caso de no actualizar junto al Core ZX. Sin embargo, luego de flashear la BIOS, el teclado no responde (utilizo teclado de goma con membrana en una ZX case) - el sistema bootea correctamente hasta el command prompt de Spectrum pero no responde a las teclas. Si intento ingresar al Setup durante la pantalla de boot inicial, el proceso de boot se congela al presionar las teclas respectivas.

Es posible que el Firmware 0.72 tenga los mismos requerimientos que el 0.73 y que produzca bloqueo de teclado? Y de ser asi, tengo esperanzas de poder utilizar el sistema si conecto un teclado PS/2?
Caso contrario, agradezco sugerencias e indicaciones de como re-flashear el firmware a una version que me permita recuperar el sistema.

Desde ya muchas gracias.

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 15 Mar 2018, 10:32

desUBIKado escribió:pero quedamos a la espera de que Antonio, cuando pueda, saque una nueva versión que no tenga ese problema :gracias!:
Acabo de sacar una que no tiene ese problema. En el zip del primer mensaje del hilo. Espero que no tenga ningún otro problema.

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 15 Mar 2018, 10:36

chilo escribió:Hello. New user here. I've updated to bios 0.72 downloaded from the official 'descargas' link, however at that moment i had seen no warning that the core had to be upgraded simultaneously.

After the bios update, the device boots ok to the command prompt however keyboard is non responsive (using rubber keyboard with zxuno xl inside inside a spectrum case). If i press any key during boot to try enter bios setup, the boot process freezes.

Would it work if I get hold of a ps\2 keyboard? Any suggestions to access the bios and reflash? Thanks!!

Hi chilo. Connect a joystick and try to upgrade new core (or old firmware) from BIOS. To enter BIOS press joystick down during splash screen. Then, in the core boot menu select last option (Enter Setup). And the go to the Upgrade menu and desired option.

If that doesn't work, try the unbrick method on this guide:
http://uto.speccy.org/zxunofaq_en.html#unbrick

desUBIKado

Mensaje por desUBIKado » 15 Mar 2018, 21:17

antoniovillena escribió:
desUBIKado escribió:pero quedamos a la espera de que Antonio, cuando pueda, saque una nueva versión que no tenga ese problema :gracias!:
Acabo de sacar una que no tiene ese problema. En el zip del primer mensaje del hilo. Espero que no tenga ningún otro problema.
Ya lo he instalado y ya se puede arrancar cualquier otro core sin problemas. Muchas gracias por todo el trabajo que estás haciendo dándonos soporte.

chilo

Mensaje por chilo » 16 Mar 2018, 04:37

antoniovillena escribió:
chilo escribió:Hello. New user here. I've updated to bios 0.72 downloaded from the official 'descargas' link, however at that moment i had seen no warning that the core had to be upgraded simultaneously.

Hi chilo. Connect a joystick and try to upgrade new core (or old firmware) from BIOS. To enter BIOS press joystick down during splash screen. Then, in the core boot menu select last option (Enter Setup). And the go to the Upgrade menu and desired option.

If that doesn't work, try the unbrick method on this guide:
http://uto.speccy.org/zxunofaq_en.html#unbrick
Thanks for the info!
I am able to boot with the joystick combination and get into the recovery screen of the Boot Core (the vertical color bars screen that say "ZX-UNO Spectrum core is loaded. Now trying to boot from BIOS. You shouldn't see this screen fro more than half a second").
Unfortunately I don't see an option to select "Setup" and I believe the Core is waiting for a TAP signal to load a BIOS. Is that right?

As I read in the forum, at that stage only the Core has loaded and not the BIOS , hence the potentially corrupted BIOS is not active and I should be able to perform the recovery with a TAP firmware via EAR. However , nothing happens as I play the TAP... i see no load bars or any sign of activity. Is there something I need to do to make the Boot Core load the TAP at this stage?
Thanks again

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 16 Mar 2018, 09:46

Download this file. Copy the FIRMWARE.ZX1 to the SD of your ZX-Uno and play the FIRMWARE.TAP with a TAP loader from a PC to the ZX via EAR and recovery method. Stay alert when the load finish to press F2. So if you succefully enter to BIOS go to "Update Firmware by SD". After that your ZX-Uno will respond and you will able to upgrade both BIOS and CORE by .COREBIOS method.
Adjuntos
firmware.0.59.zip
(20.96 KiB) Descargado 263 veces

chilo

Mensaje por chilo » 16 Mar 2018, 15:01

Thanks, but I can't get the tape to start loading when I am in the recovery screen. What am I doing wrong?

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 16 Mar 2018, 15:29

chilo escribió:Thanks, but I can't get the tape to start loading when I am in the recovery screen. What am I doing wrong?
Maybe the tool you don't output enough signal level. Are you using the EAR jack? I don't know where is exactly in XL but is different to the AUDIO out (but the connector is the same). I have created a WAV file. Use this file and play it with VLC (this will output at max level).
Adjuntos
firmware.zip
(106.6 KiB) Descargado 255 veces

Responder