Addon MIDI para ZX-UNO

Proyectos ajenos al equipo oficial pero desarrollados o promovidos por la comunidad, relacionados con el ZX-UNO / Projects outside the official team but developed or promoted by the community, related to the ZX-UNO
mcleod_ideafix
Contactar:

Re: Addon MIDI para ZX-UNO

Mensaje por mcleod_ideafix » 06 Sep 2019, 03:12

kgmcneil escribió:Has anyone designed such a stacking system, or an expansion plug that might allow for more than one such peripheral to be plugged in at a time???... Would such a thing be easy to create??
Not that I know. Antonio Villena may know something about it.
What you could do is to take the wifi board and the MIDI board, without pinheaders soldered, and use a larger pin header to make your own stacking, soldering one module first, and the other one just above it, leaving a clearance of, say, 2mm between boards.
http://www.zxuno.com
ZX-Uno · Clon de ordenador ZX Spectrum basado en FPGA

robuttley

Mensaje por robuttley » 06 Sep 2019, 13:22

Ah, thanks Mcleod. Yes, my board and the VGA/Wifi connector came from Antonio.

(I had some account problems but Hark0 has sorted me out now).

Your suggestion about using a double-ended pin header kind of thing makes sense, I have done something like this before with a 'HAT' for a Raspberry Pi, I may even still have some usable single-row pins somewhere...

I've put the images in URL links to prevent spamming the forum, but I think you know exactly what I've got so probably no need :-)

Bottom of VGA/WIFI board
Top of VGA/WIFI board
Mainboard
All together

kgmcneil

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 06 Sep 2019, 18:53

What you could do is to take the wifi board and the MIDI board, without pinheaders soldered, and use a larger pin header to make your own stacking, soldering one module first, and the other one just above it, leaving a clearance of, say, 2mm between boards.
Hmmm... sounds like a future project for steady hands, or a niche market for someone who already had the ability... ;)

Nice to know that in theory its feasible, Ill have to think about it before I attempt anything risky... Might just chicken out and spend on a 2nd Uno instead though... ;)

robuttley

Mensaje por robuttley » 06 Sep 2019, 21:12

Ha ha, the thought of just buying another one immediately crossed my mind too...

Responder