ANN: UnoDOS 3 alpha 12

neuro_999

Re: ANN: UnoDOS 3 alpha 12

Mensaje por neuro_999 » 24 Ene 2017, 14:09

Uto escribió:
neuro_999 escribió:I tryed it. Its good to see the clean boot of the zxuno ;).
I see that the playrmov command dont works to play videos. I like that feature in the esxdos. For the rest i will continue trying the unodos in one of my zxunos. ;)

Enviado desde mi ONE A2003 mediante Tapatalk
You still can see verbose boot (in case you need to check UnoDOS version or SD card detection) by holding shift key on boot. I like the clean boot too though so that's only when needed :-)
Yes i see. I recompiled the rom to remove the logo too. Now the zxuno in quiet mode is like a Speccy :)

BTW UTO your ZXUC dont works becaus the new "cmd" directory, i suppose you need to recompile with that new path to work.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 24 Ene 2017, 14:14

neuro_999 escribió:
BTW UTO your ZXUC dont works becaus the new "cmd" directory, i suppose you need to recompile with that new path to work.
There is a new version at Github, I thought I had posted it here but I see I forgot. Download link:

https://github.com/Utodev/ZXUC/raw/mast ... XUC0.6.zip

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 24 Ene 2017, 14:26

Uto escribió:
Vanfanel escribió:
Uto escribió:
Vanfanel escribió:The instructions say we need a new ESXDOS.ZX1, but it's not in the distributed ZIP. Am I missing something?

Rename unodos.rom as ESXDOS.ZIP
@Uto: Do you mean ESXDOS.ZX1? If so, I think that step should be on the Readme.
Yes sorry, I meant .ZX1, I'm fixing now my previous post so anyone else don't get confused, thanks for pointing out.

And yes, I think it should be in the README.
I've updated the README.

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 24 Ene 2017, 14:30

BCH escribió:I've tryed it on a "real" divMMC and seems to work fine. Great project!

It would be nice if you could default to verbose boot (with a config file for example)
The easiest solution is to just build your own custom version with verbose mode always enabled. The code you need to change is in unodos.asm. Look for the verbose: tag. The zcl assembler used to build the files is included. The only file you'll need to swap is UNODOS.ROM (rename to ESXMMC.ZX1).

neuro_999

Re: RE: Re: ANN: UnoDOS 3 alpha 12

Mensaje por neuro_999 » 24 Ene 2017, 14:42

Uto escribió:
neuro_999 escribió:
There is a new version at Github, I thought I had posted it here but I see I forgot. Download link:

https://github.com/Utodev/ZXUC/raw/mast ... XUC0.6.zip
Thanx, works fine. [emoji2]

Enviado desde mi ONE A2003 mediante Tapatalk

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 24 Ene 2017, 14:59

antoniovillena escribió:Hi Andrew

It would be good to indicate that UnoDOS is basically a disassembly of ESXDOS 0.8.5 without any improvement. I have noticed and Miguel Guerreiro has confirmed. I think it's okay to try to improve ESXDOS but I also think your README it's not clear. Anyone can think that it is a development from you from scratch.
The readme is for users. If you read the source it's clear that UnoDOS was developed by reverse engineering esxDOS 0.8.5. It's not fair to call it "basically a disassembly". Diff the binaries. All the source has been run through the same machine reverse engineering algorithm I used when developing SE Basic. However, there are limitations on what you can do while maintaining interoperability. Neither is it fair to say that that there is no improvement. Having a public API and the source code available for anyone to read is already a huge improvement on stumbling in the dark with a closed source OS. There are issues with SE Basic 3 that I would never be able to fix with a closed source OS. Now there's a chance I might be able to resolve them. In terms of code, the major improvement is that the UnoDOS API removes the dependency of the IO files and external commands on a specific ROM version. There are a number of other changes that I consider improvements. Finally I have not made any claims to have created UnoDOS from scratch and I have not put my name on it. Despite putting in months of work on it I realize that it would not have been possible without Miguel's original work which is why, unlike my other software releases these days, I am not charging for it. I have been at pains not to tread on the esxDOS project. UnoDOS does not support the ZX One FPGA core. It does not support divIDE. It does not support the features of esxDOS 0.8.6. I will never add long filename support to it. Frankly I find your remark a bit insulting.

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 24 Ene 2017, 15:08

And for those who can't be bothered to read the source file:

Código: Seleccionar todo

; Purpose

; To provide an open source API-compatible replacement for esxDOS 0.8.5 for the
; divMMC SD card interface. To encourage the development of software that takes
; full advantage of the capabilities of the divMMC SD card interface. 

; Legal

; It is recognized that esxDOS is still under active development. To encourage
; that development to continue, UnoDOS 3 has been limited to the divMMC platform
; and to the feature set and API of esxDOS 0.8.5. UnoDOS 3 was created using the
; same process of machine reverse engineering originally developed for SE Basic.
; This process generates functionally equivalent but different code, as
; permitted under the interoperability clause in section 50B of the UK Copyright
; (Computer Programs) Regulations 1992 amendment to the UK Copyright, Designs
; and Patents Act 1988.

; Acknowledgements

; Jeff Braine, Simon Brattel, Miguel Guerreiro, Mark Incley, 
; Miguel Angel Rodriguez Jodar, LaesQ, ub880d, George Velesoft, Matt Westcott

Responder