ANN: UnoDOS 3 beta 2

aowen

Re: ANN: UnoDOS 3 beta 2

Mensaje por aowen » 12 Feb 2017, 03:47

kgmcneil escribió:Yay!... Its got erase and del commands!... No more pulling the SD card out just to erase stuff for me (don't know why my existing esxDOS setup didn't come with that?...)...
Don't feel bad about not knowing about the tokenized file commands in esxDOS. It's an inconsistent way of doing things which is why in UnoDOS it's all external.
On an unrelated note, I see that your also doing .PLAY on your https://zx.itch.io/play webpage there, as an external dot command... Im assuming that its similar to your previous project using print channels for Play commands, that you released a while back?... Out of curiosity, any chance in the future for this .PLAY command to do all 6 AY channels over the default 128k 3?... It would be a nice ZX-Uno addition... Also, (although I realize that there is nowhere for a ZX-Uno to port midi out data to), but could this new .PLAY command in theory be used for Midi work?...
It's based on the SoftPLAY code, but it doesn't need to use PRINT channels. It does support MIDI. SE Basic IV will have a built in 6 channel PLAY command so you'll probably want to use that instead. Also all the file commands will be built in, so you won't have to prefix them with a dot.

kgmcneil

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 13 Feb 2017, 08:31

SE Basic IV will have a built in 6 channel PLAY command so you'll probably want to use that instead. Also all the file commands will be built in, so you won't have to prefix them with a dot.

Im away from the Uno right now, at work, so can't test it yet, but Iv purchased the PLAY command.
If Im reading your quote right, your suggesting that development of the SE Basic IV is still ongoing then?... Iv not tried the PLAY command yet, but am assuming that your quote refers to future developments that are still in the pipeline, yes?... I certainly look forward to seeing such...

Thanks for contributing so much to the hardware/software scene... Your work makes commercial turnkey offerings much more possible!... :)

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 13 Feb 2017, 13:37

kgmcneil escribió:I'm away from the Uno right now, at work, so can't test it yet, but Iv purchased the PLAY command.
If I'm reading your quote right, your suggesting that development of the SE Basic IV is still ongoing then?...
Development of SE Basic IV is absolutely ongoing. In fact I'm hoping to release version 4.2 this year. The minimum required hardware to run it is a Spectrum 128 with a SLAM+ replacement ULA and a divIDE/divMMC. The biggest difficulty I'm facing is getting it to behave with the operating system. UnoDOS is a reverse engineered version of esxDOS so I don't even have commented source to work with and things that should not break anything, and work without the OS present, cause strange problems. I suspect the OS isn't looking after the stack properly. My plan to make all the file commands internal in SE Basic IV has run into the problem that you can only call OS routines from within an external command. The solution is to try to patch the tokens in the .SYS files. Hopefully I can get that to work, otherwise it won't be quite as elegant as I'd like. Worst case scenario it will just use the same external commands as UnoDOS 3.
I've not tried the PLAY command yet, but am assuming that your quote refers to future developments that are still in the pipeline, yes?... I certainly look forward to seeing such...
Thanks for your support. Just pop the PLAY command in the /bin directory in esxDOS or the /cmd directory in UnoDOS and then use it with the same syntax as the 128 version.
Thanks for contributing so much to the hardware/software scene... Your work makes commercial turnkey offerings much more possible!... :)
I'm hoping to do a crowdfunding campaign for the Chloe 280SE in the next year or two once the FPGA core is finalized and the firmware is sufficiently stable. Even if that's not successful there will be a Chloe core produced for the Uno.

Responder