NMI menu in +2 ROM

Discursiones en general sobre el proyecto que no tienen cabida en otro foro / General discussion for uncateorized topics about the ZX-Uno project
micken

NMI menu in +2 ROM

Mensaje por micken » 24 Ene 2017, 22:26

Hi ,

The NMI menu keys resets the +2 ROM. Is that the way it is supposed to work?
No big issue since everything can be done from BASIC. Apart from this small
problem , I am really impressed with the zx-uno. Even demos works like they
should.

Cheers!

Michael
I am a hacker.
LD A,255
LD HL,SCREEN
LD (HL),A
INC HL

antoniovillena

Re: NMI menu in +2 ROM

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 24 Ene 2017, 23:04

Hello Micken

In your ZX-Uno you have some ROMs with DivMMC/NMI disabled to show the main menu. If you want to load 128K games with ESXDOS use the rooted ROM instead, or force enabled temporary the DivMMC settings from the BIOS.

micken

Mensaje por micken » 25 Ene 2017, 07:36

Yes found that out late yesterday. I also found out that the installed +3e rom resulted in "press on play" :)
I installed the rom från Google drive and after disabling DivMMC in it +3e worked just like on real hw.

Thanks.
I am a hacker.
LD A,255
LD HL,SCREEN
LD (HL),A
INC HL

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 25 Ene 2017, 09:29

micken escribió:Yes found that out late yesterday. I also found out that the installed +3e rom resulted in "press on play" :)
I installed the rom från Google drive and after disabling DivMMC in it +3e worked just like on real hw.

Thanks.
Yes. This is because of my mistake. In the .bat file where I generate the FLASH.ZX1 I have:

Código: Seleccionar todo

call :CreateRom 0  "ZX Spectrum 48K"               48               xdnlh17
call :CreateRom 4  "ZX +2A 4.1"                    plus3en41        xt
call :CreateRom 5  "SE Basic IV 4.0 Anya"          se               xdh1
When the correct one is:

Código: Seleccionar todo

call :CreateRom 0  "ZX Spectrum 48K"               48               xdnlh17
call :CreateRom 1  "ZX +2A 4.1"                    plus3en41        xt
call :CreateRom 5  "SE Basic IV 4.0 Anya"          se               xdh1
That's from slot 1. The ROM installation is a little complex. There are 3 ways:

micken

Mensaje por micken » 25 Ene 2017, 12:45

Yea. I managed to load in a rom with ear. Then I reconfigured it with the windows application.
I am quite happy with the setup now. NMI works in 128/esxdos and +3e works as it should.
I am a hacker.
LD A,255
LD HL,SCREEN
LD (HL),A
INC HL

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 25 Ene 2017, 12:53

micken escribió:Yea. I managed to load in a rom with ear. Then I reconfigured it with the windows application.
I am quite happy with the setup now. NMI works in 128/esxdos and +3e works as it should.
There is also a core menu when press Caps Lock after init. I have preloaded 9 cores in your ZX-Uno, but you can change them.

micken

Mensaje por micken » 25 Ene 2017, 20:44

antoniovillena escribió:
micken escribió:Yea. I managed to load in a rom with ear. Then I reconfigured it with the windows application.
There is also a core menu when press Caps Lock after init. I have preloaded 9 cores in your ZX-Uno, but you can change them.
I am currently working on a way to use ALASM in tr-dos emulation. SAVEOBJ4 fails on the file io call. System crash.
But the assembler and editor works just fine
I am a hacker.
LD A,255
LD HL,SCREEN
LD (HL),A
INC HL

Ramones

Mensaje por Ramones » 01 Feb 2017, 16:33

Hi!
Maybe I'm a bit clumsy but... is possible to achieve +2 nmi + divmmc without update? I tried forcing on Bios DIVMMC and DIVMMC NMI enabled and +2 core always boots on 48k mode (I think, I'm totally newbie).

Thanks in advance, and sorry if the question is stupid.

P.S.: Yes, I can load 128k programs with "Rooted ZX" core, my question is about +2 mode.

Zup

Mensaje por Zup » 01 Feb 2017, 18:58

That's NOT 48k mode, but USR0 mode.

Paging, AY and (on +2A/+3 models) disk ports are all enabled. You should be able to load 128k software.

BTW, starting on USR0 mode is the usual behaviour when you have a divide or divmmc connected on 128k models (even in real spectrums). I guess that it can't be "fixed" (there are reasons to boot in that mode).

Ramones

Mensaje por Ramones » 01 Feb 2017, 19:48

Hi Zup!
Zup escribió:That's NOT 48k mode, but USR0 mode.
Ok ok... Like I said on my post: I'm a total newbie about ZX-Uno and Spectrum 128k, +2, +3 modes... :veoestrellas:

Zup escribió:Paging, AY and (on +2A/+3 models) disk ports are all enabled. You should be able to load 128k software..
I tried and... yes! It works like a charm! (forcing BIOS DivMMC and NMI DivMMC).

Zup escribió:BTW, starting on USR0 mode is the usual behaviour when you have a divide or divmmc connected on 128k models (even in real spectrums). I guess that it can't be "fixed" (there are reasons to boot in that mode).
Sorry for my stupid question... I've a ZX (rubber keys) and DivIDE and I never saw a +2/+3 running with DivIDE.

Thanks a lot Zup!! :maestro:

Responder