ZX-Uno XL (Rev. 2c): Spectrum keymapping gone, ATmega328P issue?

Discursiones en general sobre el proyecto que no tienen cabida en otro foro / General discussion for uncateorized topics about the ZX-Uno project
Responder
Eratosthenes

ZX-Uno XL (Rev. 2c): Spectrum keymapping gone, ATmega328P issue?

Mensaje por Eratosthenes » 25 Ene 2020, 21:40

I have got an other issue.

After your quick support according to the latest cores I hop that somebody can help me with this issue: My ZX-Uno XL has worked fine with the latest core EXP26 installed in 2018. After not using the device for about a year or more the ZX Spectrum keyboard doesn't work correctly.

Problem: The mapping of the Symbol-Shift key is gone. Neither Symbol-Shift + L prints "=", nor changes Symbol-Shift + Caps-Shift the cursor to the extended mode (flashing "E") in 48k mode.

The control keys (Symbol-Shift + Caps-Shift + Y for NMI, Symbol-Shift + Caps-Shift + N, Symbol-Shift + Caps-Shift + B, and so on) were working properly.
  • Several Spectrum keyboards have been tested.
  • All combinations of the BIOS settings <Main - Keyboard - Issue x> and <Advanced - Keyboard Layout - Default|Spanish|English|Spectrum> have been tested
At the moment I'm using a brand new membrane. All tested keyboards are working fine with original 48k/48k+ boards...
As the ZX-Uno XL works fine using a PS/2 keyboard I think it's an issue with the key mapping of the 328P chip.

Last I tried was updating the Arduino on the ZX-Uno board with the latest version of https://github.com/spark2k06/zxunops2

Result: In combination with EXP27 core and BIOS Setting <Keyboard Layout - Spectrum> Symbol-Shift + <key> works (Symbol-Shift + A writes " STOP ") but I still can't reach the extended mode in 48k BASIC or print a "(c)" symbol or reach the " INT " command... :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the info.

MfL
der Eratosthenes
Nine out of ten voices in my head say: "You're not mad!" - The tenth humming the melody of Pong <click> ...

spark2k06

Re: ZX-Uno XL (Rev. 2c): Spectrum keymapping gone, ATmega328P issue?

Mensaje por spark2k06 » 26 Ene 2020, 15:19

Eratosthenes escribió: My ZX-Uno XL has worked fine with the latest core EXP26 installed in 2018. After not using the device for about a year or more the ZX Spectrum keyboard doesn't work correctly.
Sólo por el paso del tiempo ha dejado de funcionar igual de bien como lo hacía antes? Eso el firmware del Atmega no lo puede provocar...
Eratosthenes escribió:
Last I tried was updating the Arduino on the ZX-Uno board with the latest version of https://github.com/spark2k06/zxunops2

Result: In combination with EXP27 core and BIOS Setting <Keyboard Layout - Spectrum> Symbol-Shift + <key> works (Symbol-Shift + A writes " STOP ") but I still can't reach the extended mode in 48k BASIC or print a "(c)" symbol or reach the " INT " command... :(
Con el nuevo firmware de ZXUnoPS2 con el que has actualizado tu ZX-Uno XL, asegúrate de que no te encuentras en modo de teclado ZX completo, sino que estás en el modo ZX convencional... para ello entra en modo función (CS + SS + F, suelta teclas) y después pulsa 'D', después guarda la configuración en la EEPROM del Atmega entrando de nuevo en modo función y después pulsando 'X', de esta manera no tendrás que hacerlo cada vez que se reinicia la corriente del Atmega. Mas información sobre el nuevo firmware:

https://github.com/spark2k06/zxunops2/b ... -GO%2B.pdf

Eratosthenes

Mensaje por Eratosthenes » 27 Ene 2020, 07:54

Hi spark2k06,

it looks as if the keyboard is in the wrong mode. (CS+SS+5 opens the NMI menu.)

My problem is that it's pain in the ass to translate and understand ( ;-) ) the documentation when it's written in spanish. I have tried to read the .pdf before but I diddn't get the point how to switch the modes.

I'll try(!) it one more time to understand what I have to do. - Keep the fingers crossed that I'll manage to switch the keyboard to normal mode.

Thanks for the info.

MfL
der Eratosthenes
Nine out of ten voices in my head say: "You're not mad!" - The tenth humming the melody of Pong <click> ...

spark2k06

Mensaje por spark2k06 » 27 Ene 2020, 10:30

Eratosthenes escribió:
27 Ene 2020, 07:54

it looks as if the keyboard is in the wrong mode. (CS+SS+5 opens the NMI menu.)
Entonces estás en modo teclado completo con total seguridad, y por ese motivo estás pulsando F5 con CS+SS+5:

Imagen

Pasa a modo convencional y guarda la configuración en la EEPROM:

1. CS + SS + F, suelta teclas y despúes pulsa D (Desactivaras el modo completo, y así ya estarás en modo de teclado ZX convencional)

2. CS + SS + F, suelta teclas y después pulsa X (Así guardas esta configuración en la EEPROM)

Con estos dos pasos, ya lo tendrás todo preparado para el modo de uso que quieres.

Saludos.

Eratosthenes

Mensaje por Eratosthenes » 27 Ene 2020, 18:13

This has done the trick. - Now I'm fine with my ZX-Uno... :mrgreen:

Thank you very much!

Responder