Tutorial para desbriquear el ZX-Uno con USB Blaster o clónico

Todo aquello que acompaña a la placa del ZX-Uno (carcasas, alimentadores, pegatinas para el teclado, etc) / Everything that goes with the ZX-Uno board (cases, AC adapters, stickers for keyboard, etc)
andydansby

Re: Tutorial para desbriquear el ZX-Uno con USB Blaster o clónico

Mensaje por andydansby » 25 Ago 2016, 23:31

@ Distwave

Here is how I have the wiring to the connector plugging into the USB Blaster
usb blaster.jpg
usb blaster.jpg (11.4 KiB) Visto 7642 veces
Here just a quick drawing of the USB Blaster orientation
usb blaster 2.png
usb blaster 2.png (6.49 KiB) Visto 7642 veces
And here's a quick diagram of my pinout
usb blaster 3.png
I will check with my multimeter a little later. There is always room for Human error. I know I've made many. :tomatazo:

Thanks
Andy Dansby

Edit: I just metered to make sure I had good continuity, continuity looks good according to my earlier posted scheme.
I worry about several things, is it a misunderstanding of the wiring, a compatibility issue with the Altera USBBlaster (which came from China Ebay), A windows 10 64 bit problem, or some oddball issue with my Uno?

edit 2:
I seem to be getting a different error
jtag> cable usbblaster
Connected to libftd2xx driver.
jtag> detect
discovery.c:117 urj_tap_detect_register_size() Warning: TDO seems to be stuck at 0
Error: usbconn/libftd2xx.c:127 usbconn_ftd2xx_flush() no error: FT_Write() failed: io error

andydansby

Mensaje por andydansby » 25 Ago 2016, 23:56

Silly question... Are there supposed to be any files on the SD card, does it matter if a SD card is plugged into the Uno?

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 26 Ago 2016, 00:12

andydansby escribió:Silly question... Are there supposed to be any files on the SD card, does it matter if a SD card is plugged into the Uno?
Doesn't matter. It's recommendable have SD inserted with the file FLASH.ZX1 on root folder, because when you load the bitstream recovery.bit, you'll use this file. But should work also without SD inserted.

I ask again the same DistWave's question. Do you have the ZX-Uno powered?

andydansby

Mensaje por andydansby » 26 Ago 2016, 00:16

Yes I do have it powered through my usb port and the Uno lights up Red on D4 and Green on D5. I'll make sure I have the FLASH.ZX1

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 26 Ago 2016, 00:43

andydansby escribió:Yes I do have it powered through my usb port and the Uno lights up Red on D4 and Green on D5. I'll make sure I have the FLASH.ZX1
If you want send me the ZX-Uno and your USB Blaster. I'll try myself and can repair if something is broken.

DistWave

Mensaje por DistWave » 26 Ago 2016, 00:48

My cable is different from yours, but my zxuno is a V4 prototype (the jtag pinout changed in final revision)
What version is yours?

https://goo.gl/photos/yzruExLQHaDjT4tg8

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 26 Ago 2016, 00:56

DistWave escribió:My cable is different from yours, but my zxuno is a V4 prototype (the jtag pinout changed in final revision)
What version is yours?

https://goo.gl/photos/yzruExLQHaDjT4tg8
He has final revision (v4.1).

andydansby

Mensaje por andydansby » 26 Ago 2016, 02:44

I might take the Raspberry PI method. I have a mame arcade machine built with my Raspberry PI. I'll disassemble it and try that method.

If I have trouble with that method, I'll send my Uno to you, but I'll wait until the Crowdfunding rush is over. I am sure there will be many new users that will have questions.

I'll work on it this weekend.

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 23 Sep 2016, 01:04

andydansby escribió:I might take the Raspberry PI method. I have a mame arcade machine built with my Raspberry PI. I'll disassemble it and try that method.

If I have trouble with that method, I'll send my Uno to you, but I'll wait until the Crowdfunding rush is over. I am sure there will be many new users that will have questions.

I'll work on it this weekend.
Hello Andy

I've received the same model of usb blaster than you have. The problem was that VCC must be connected in this model. If you want try again connect the red wire to the pin 4 (as the diagram in the first message of this thread) and repeat all the process.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 23 Sep 2016, 09:47

antoniovillena escribió: Hello Andy

I've received the same model of usb blaster than you have. The problem was that VCC must be connected in this model. If you want try again connect the red wire to the pin 4 (as the diagram in the first message of this thread) and repeat all the process.
¿Hay alguna manera de diferenciar ambos blasters? ¿pasa algo si al otro (el que no tiene Andy) se le conecta ese cable VCC?

Lo digo por ponerlo bien en la FAQ, que ahora da por supuesto que todos los blaster son como el que no necesita el VCC.

Responder