Lost ability to boot other cores... Is this a known issue?

Dudas, cuestiones, sugerencias y peticiones en general sobre el proyecto / Questions and requests about the project
Responder
kgmcneil

Lost ability to boot other cores... Is this a known issue?

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 04 Jun 2018, 09:26

I am not sure at what point this occurred since Iv been almost exclusively using the Spectrum core, but I seem to have lost the ability to boot into other cores now, and I am not sure why...

I'm using a classic ZX Uno with external 2MB with firmware Alpha 73 and Spectrum core EXP v26... I just upgraded the NES core today and upon trying it out, suddenly realized that I don't have the ability to boot any core other than the Spectrum... I returned to my previous flash state and tested that, but found that this problem had been there even prior upgrading that core, so I don't know how long Iv had this problem...

Does anyone else have this issue?...

I have tried going through F2 on booting to change the start-up core, and also tried pressing DOWN cursor on booting, to select a different core from the core menu, Iv even tried the old .CORE command too, but all to no avail... Is this a known issue?... Is it related to the alpha 73 firmware perhaps?...

Basically, whenever I attempt to boot to any core other than the ZX Spectrum core, it loads the Spectrum, and defaults to the 48k rom (I usually have it set to Derby++)... I can thus no longer boot to NES/Atari/MSX/Master System/Commodore/Jupiter...

Suggestions would be appreciated, since I would really like the ability to still use the ZXUno as a multi-core system, particularly with regards to the MSX...

Thanks in advance,

Karl

desUBIKado

Re: Lost ability to boot other cores... Is this a known issue?

Mensaje por desUBIKado » 04 Jun 2018, 09:57

Yes, that issue was reported: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1999&start=90#p22350

You must use the files of this file: 2018.03.24 Core EXP26 + BIOS 0.73 update.zip

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1999&start=120#p22527

You must rename the SPECTRUM_EXT.ZX1 to SPECTRUM.ZX1 because you have the 2MB external memory addon. The instrucctions inside of .zip file are simple.

kgmcneil

THANK YOU!!!!

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 04 Jun 2018, 23:35

I have no idea what the difference is between this version and the one I originally installed, but it certainly did the trick - THANK YOU so much for that desUBIKado - you have saved my day!!!... :P :P

Responder